Mga Pahina

Linggo, Abril 28, 2013

Fairytale vs Reality

I thought my love story could be like a fairytale – started with “once upon a time” and ended with “happily ever after” – but I was wrong. I forgot that I’m in reality, and in reality there is no such word as “happy endings”, rather it is always “open endings” where anything can happen.


The day I met you is the most magical day of my life. My “once upon a time” with you started from the moment I’ve seen your angelic face, I’ve looked in your tantalizing brown eyes, I’ve smelled your sweet scent, I’ve heard your first hello, I’ve touched your hand, and I’ve kissed your soft lips. Time suddenly stopped when you said the three most magical words to me - “I LOVE YOU” - you already captivated my heart. And from that moment, I’ve known already that you are the prince who deserves my true love. I’ve seen your efforts winning my heart. You’ve overcome the trials and the challenges that I have given you. You’ve changed a lot. You became better than what you are when I first met you. Because of your burning love for me, I can’t help but to fall deeply in love with you. My feelings for you become more intense every time I see you, every time I touch you, every time I kiss you. My world revolves around you as if we are the only characters in it. All I know is “you and me”, “we”, and “us”.


I thought this will lead to our happy ending and to what I used to call “happily ever after” but I was wrong. I was absolutely wrong. There is no such fairytale love story. I can’t be like Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Rapunzel or any fairytale princess. You can’t be like their prince charming either. I forgot the fact that this is reality. There is no constant thing in this life. In fairytales, there is always magic or fairy godmother that could fix all mistakes, all glitches, all mishaps, and all unnecessary things in it. But in reality, there is no magic and there is no rewind. There are always changes. When unexpected circumstances happen, "I" have to face it, “we” have to face it. There’s no turning back. You can’t run from it or either made it instantly disappear. Problems are always there, always in every corner. No matter how hard you try to escape from it, you can’t.


Frankly speaking, I hate reality! I hate facing problems. I hate to think that any moment, the relationship I’ve build with the man of my life would simply collide because of other people involved in our love story, or worst, because of us. I wish I could make this relationship last and make our love story a happy ever after, but I can’t because I’m here in reality.


Now tell me, which one should I like most: fairytale or reality?

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento